Reboot Studios: Providing Funding and Creative Support for Fresh and Imaginative Film, Multimedia and Art Projects.
Reboot Studios will provide seed investments to develop new inspirational and transformational Jewish content. Driven by the belief that art influences our world, enriches our lives and has the power to educate, inspire, create movements and change the way we think, Reboot Studios will tell stories through a Jewish lens about the shared human experience.
Reboot is uniquely positioned to create the best, most exciting and high-quality Jewish content and to distribute and launch projects at a national level, while also targeting local communities via existing partner organizations, using a model and relationships developed over the past 15 years. Reboot’s previous successes funding a multitude of projects across all media, including the widely hailed virtual Passover production Saturday Night Seder, with Jason Alexander, Billy Porter, Henry Winkler, Pamela Adlon, Cynthia Erivo, and more, led to Reboot Studios. Most recently, Reboot also supported the launch of the HBO film The Survivor, hosting a Reboot Ideas conversation with USC Shoah Foundation featuring director Barry Levinson, actor Ben Foster and producer Matti Leshem, moderated by Sami Sage, co-founder of Betches Media.
Reboot’s creative network now consists of more than 650 Jewish (and “Jew-ish”) influencers, including Hollywood creatives (Transparent, Lost, The Office, Orange is the New Black), Broadway stars (Dear Evan Hansen, La La Land, and The Greatest Showman, Rent, Fiddler on the Roof, The Band’s Visit), tech pioneers (Google, Facebook, MasterClass) and journalists (New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Buzzfeed); plus influential academics, non-profit executives, community organizers, renowned chefs and digital media innovators.
Reboot Studios’ advisory board, comprised of distinguished industry leaders and creators who will be actively shepherding and guiding the projects, includes: Amy Israel, Executive Vice President, Scripted Programming for Showtime; Benj Pasek, Oscar®, Grammy®, Tony®, and Golden Globe® Award-winning songwriter of Dear Evan Hansen, La La Land and The Greatest Showman; David Greenbaum, President, Searchlight Pictures; Jeb Brody, President of Production, Amblin Partners; Jenny Steingart, Tony® Award-winning producer and co-founder of Ars Nova; Michael Ellenberg, CEO & Founder, Media Res Studio; Raymond Roker, Global Head of Editorial, Amazon; Rebecca Arzoian, President, Smokehouse Pictures; and Riva Marker, CEO Linden Productions.
Reboot Studios will:
- Identify talent, provide resources for project development, and ongoing mentorship and support for emergent creatives.
- Develop docuseries, plays, podcasts, books, films, theater, record albums, photography projects, digital and multimedia art.
- Develop a program specifically focusing on Jews of Color, to provide funding, mentorships and ongoing support.
- Distribute and market projects to scale for a hungry young Jewish audience and their friends.
- Launch high-impact programs that inspire real participation/social change for Jews and beyond.
- Leverage Reboot’s existing marketing and distribution channels, including over 1,000 community partner organizations across the country.